MARK MARTELLA is an experienced authority in business law and business practices, real estate matters, foreclosure, bankruptcy and family law. In his 28 years as an attorney both in New Jersey and Florida, he has helped thousands of clients facing business and personal financial challenges. He has written dozens of articles on these topics, and has published his first book: “Bankruptcy in Plain English: The Ultimate Layman’s Guide to Taking the Fear and Mystery out of the Bankruptcy Process”. He has published Special Reports for consumers and small business owners on topics such as:
- The Seven Biggest Mistakes People Make Before Filing For Bankruptcy And How To Avoid Them;
- How To Protect Your Personal Assets From Business Debts;
- The Five Biggest Mistakes People Make When Facing Foreclosure And How To Avoid Them;
After practicing law for sixteen years in New Jersey, the last twelve of which were with his own firm of Corrado & Martella, P.C. located in Jersey City, Mr. Martella and his family moved to Punta Gorda, Florida in 2004, just a few days before Hurricane Charlie.
Having served as Vice President and in-house counsel for a Southwest Florida title agency, Mr. Martella was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2006 and joined a local Law Firm in Punta Gorda before launching his own firm in 2008. In 2016, he merged his Charlotte County practice with Icard Merrill, expanding the firm’s presence in Charlotte and Lee Counties.
- Villanova University (B.A. Political Science, 1985)
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Rutgers, The State College of New Jersey (M.A. Political Science, 2003)
- Florida State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Courts
- Federal District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Federal District Court, District of New Jersey
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Vice-President of Charlotte County Bar Association
- Board of Directors of the Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce (Past President)
- Chair of the Chamber’s Annual Business Expo
- Founder and Chair of the Leadership Charlotte Hall of Fame.
Publications and Presentations
- “Bankruptcy in Plain English: The Ultimate Layman’s Guide to Taking the Fear and Mystery out of the Bankruptcy Process.”
- The Seven Biggest Mistakes People Make Before Filing For Bankruptcy And How To Avoid Them.
- How To Protect Your Personal Assets From Business Debts.
- The Five Biggest Mistakes People Make When Facing Foreclosure And How To Avoid Them.
- Mark has been interviewed by CNN Money, local newspapers and radio stations, both in his areas of expertise and as President of the Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce and the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition.
CLICK HERE to contact MARK MARTELLA